All Library branches closed until further notice
Effective Saturday, March 14th, 2020 all library branches are closed to the public until further notice.
The City of Corvallis, in cooperation with local health authorities, is announcing a number of program cancellations and facility closures to reduce the spread of the novel coronavirus, which causes the COVID-19 respiratory illness.
Effective Saturday, March 14, all branches of the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library are closed to the public until further notice.
These closures and cancellations, while inconvenient, are intended to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus. The City may announce additional steps in the coming days to bolster mitigation efforts. The community is encouraged to do its part by practicing common health tips that are known to be effective against this virus:
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are often touched.
- Take care of your health overall. Staying current on your vaccinations, including flu vaccine, eating well and exercising all help your body stay resilient.
The City of Corvallis is working closely with Benton County to focus local resources on the coronavirus outbreak. More information on the virus and the local response is available on the Benton County website.